Boy, this sure has been a back and forth past few weeks! I was gearing up for my appt on Friday when, low and behold, I got AF yesterday! I had been taking my bbt (basal body temperature) for about the past year, and they clearly show anovulation. Well this month, I had higher temps than normal, and thought that I had seen the all mighty thermal shift...but I didn't get too excited, because I'd thought that in in the past too, and it was nothing. But this time my temp stayed high, and stayed high, and stayed high. I barely said a word about it b/c I was nervous I'd jinx it into falling! So yesterday (day 13 after the thermal shift), my temp dropped and as I predicted, AF showed up! I am so excited and happy about this!
It shows:
1. That I can build up enough estrogen to ovulate.
2. That I can ovulate!
3. That my luteal phase is adequate in length
4. That I can ovulate!
5. Did I mention that I ovulated??!
This is the first time I've ovulated since going off the pill 14 months ago! I'm sure that the fertility meds helped to stimulate my ovaries to wake up, but it's definitely interesting that it took them so long to ovulate (it wasn't until cd 32).
The other fabulous part of this, is that AF came on December 10th--the LAST day possible to still cycle this month! If it had come today (the 11th) I would have had to wait until next month to cycle (because my clinic is closed on the holidays).
It seems like everything is falling into place this cycle, and I'm hopeful that with medication & monitoring, I'll have success in getting a bfp!
I have my cyst check tomorrow at 9:00 AM, so I hope, hope, hope that the cyst is gone, or at least decreased in size. As long as it is, then we'll be starting meds probably tomorrow night!
Thank you so much for your positive energy. I feel so loved and am so hopeful that we're on the right track now.
Much love,
Julie
Tuesday, December 11, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I am SO excited for you- that's really wonderful! And it's great that you are starting this next cycle on such a positive note. I will be thinking about you, and hoping for that Christmas Miracle!!
-Stephanie
I posted on RESOLVE to you too but I am so happy you ovulated on your own!!!! Best wishes with this cycle! I hope this is the one!
Becky
Yay yay yay! That's so exciting! I've never been so happy for someone to have AF come! :o)
All kinds of positive energy, vibes, thoughts, and prayers being sent.
Congrats Julie! That is wonderful news. I hope everything continues to go well for you. Take care,
Annie
Post a Comment