Well, it seems that the follistim is working! I am so happy to say that my follicles have grown (!) since the last u/s. The biggest follicle is 11.5mm, which is the biggest one I've ever had. (Remember they need to be over 18mm for me to ovulate.) It looks like things are on the right track. My doctor is a little concerned that I have too many that are growing (5 right now are about 10-11mm) and so we are going to decrease our meds a bit for 2 days (we'll take twins, but not quintuplets!). Then we'll return for another u/s and see where we are at.
Current stats:
Biggest follicle: 11.5 (!!!)
Lining: 4.3
Estradiol: 242
I feel real good that my ovaries are finally responding. I'm still nervously optimistic that we'll be able to have success with this cycle, but there's a couple different scenarios that could happen.
A. Two to three follies have growth spurt in next couple days and we get to do our IUI this weekend (my preferred choice--if I actually had a say in the matter!)
B. Two to three follies keep growing at same rate and we are ready to trigger on Sunday...that would mean we couldn't do an IUI (because of clinic closure), so we'd do it the old fashioned way. :) (this would be an ok option too)
C. Follies stop growing. Cancel cycle. (this would be a huge bummer)
D. Too many follies get real big. Cancel cycle (or could possibly convert to IVF, but I don't think we'll be up for that....yet) (this would be a huge bummer too)
E. Follies are almost ready over Christmas, I could take a med to prevent early ovulation, we'd trigger after Christmas, and then get to do an IUI. (this would be ok)
I suppose I could go on with all the different scenarios, but those are the ones that are flying around in my head right now. The important things for me to remember are that 1) I don't have any control over this and 2) I don't have any control over this. So somehow I need to keep myself calm and just know that whatever it will be, it will be. It helps to write it down here so that it is out of my head, and I can let the world wide web worry about it instead.
So please continue to send positive, calming thoughts our way. Thanks for your love and support.
Much love,
Julie
Wednesday, December 19, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Congrats! Your results make me feel a little better about my CD9 scan today which was very similar to yours. I agree with all of your scenarios. Hopefully we will both doing the IUIs soon!
This is great news. . . as my doctor always said, slow and steady is better than fast and uncontrollable. They can always add more meds and/or extend your stim phase, but once they go too far, it's all over.
This looks great!
Hi Julie,
Finally got a chance to look up your blog and see what's going on. Seems things are moving in the right direction. Good for you to have this website too! It probably feels good to have a place to journal the details of the process and like you said to get it off YOUR mind - at least temporarily. So, thinking about you guys and you are right -what will be will be. I have a good feeling about it for you!
Post a Comment