Friday, December 14, 2007

CD 5 Update

We had our cd 5 u/s & b/w today. Everything went well, and I also had a chance to talk to the Nurse Practitioner about that IVF coordinator that we were having a problem with. The ARNP said that if we have our appts after 8am, she'll be there and we won't have to deal w/ the coordinator. So that's what we'll do! Super duper.

Anyhow, here's where we're at:

Current Stats for this cycle:
Biggest Follicle: 4.9
Lining: 2.5
Estradiol: 42

Everything is still pretty tiny, but that's ok. They were a little nervous that my ovaries would "explode" with follicles with this new drug & dose, so they wanted to check earlier than normal. So we'll continue with our follistim and return Monday morning for another u/s & b/w.

On a side note, I brought my own coban today for after my lab work! (Coban is this great "tape"...it sticks to itself, but not to skin!) My poor arms got really sore last cycle w/ all the blood draws and then tape from holding gauze in place. So this time I decided to bring coban to eliminate the need for tape! The phlebotamist (sp?) just laughed...I'm sure he thinks I'm crazy! Haha!

The shots are still going well. The pen is so much easier than mixing meds, like we had to do last time. Tonight I'll be bringing it with me to Todd's work Christmas party and we'll have to go shoot up in the bathroom. Good thing we don't keep our IF stuff secret...people would think we were up to no good, sneaking off to the bathroom together! :)

Keep the positive vibes coming! I'm staying calm and am definitely more relaxed this cycle. It certainly helps that I have the next 6 days off work--no worries about scheduling our appts with work!

Have a great weekend everyone! I'll post again on Monday.

Love, Julie

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You sound very relaxed, and I think that's a great thing! Lots and lots of luck, come on follies!

Katie said...

Glad all is going well! Thinking of you.

ak1908 said...

Glad to hear that things are going well. Follistim worked well for us!!!!