Friday, December 21, 2007

CD 12

I can hardly believe it...my follies are still growing! I've got two lead follies at this point: 14.5 and 14.2...and 4 others that are: 11.8, 11.2, 10.9 and 10.4. By Sunday, the 2 that are at 14 should be closer to 18--which means there's >95% chance that they contain a mature egg for ovulation. My RE is a bit nervous (I think her exact words were, "this is kind of scary.") that all 6 are going to contain a mature egg--she said even if they're not at 18mm, there's still a possibility they contain a mature egg--which means the possibilities for multiples is higher. And since this will the be first real time my eggs have been exposed to sperm, we don't know how they'll react with sperm (i.e. very fertile or not so fertile). So we're going to drop my dose of meds again to 50 units for the next 2 days, and then I'll return on Sunday for another u/s and more b/w. If everything continues to go the way it is now, we'll do our HCG trigger (to induce ovulation) on Sunday. Since our clinic is closed over Christmas Eve and Christmas, we won't be able to do an IUI, but will have timed sexy time instead(tmi I know).

It was a good appt today also because my RE was able to sit down and have more of a conversation about the big picture. I asked if this line we were walking between over-stimulating, and under-stimulating was too fine, and if she thought we'd be better off with IVF. She said, no. She was glad that we've found the right meds and that even if I don't get pg this cycle, that she feels confident that we can keep going down this path. So that's a huge sigh of relief. I know IVF could still be in our future if we have multiple failed injectable/IUI cycles, but at least my body is doing something right now!

Current stats:
Biggest follie: 14.5
Lining: 5.2
Estradiol: 309

I'm feeling so emotional right now. It is such a relief that my ovaries are FINALLY responding appropriately! I feel like there have been many positive signs this cycle, and that things have been falling into place so nicely--which is a huge change from the past year. I'm starting to allow myself to feel excited, just a bit, for this cycle.

Thanks for your positive thoughts. I appreciate all the positive energy directed at us!

Love,
Julie

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Holy cats! It's all those magical follie-growing vibes I've been sending! :) Just kidding, but I'll keep sending them. Have a very Merry Christmas!