I talked with the Nurse Practitioner this week and ordered all my medications for our next cycle yesterday. We will be using a different medication, called Follistim (instead of the menopur that we used last cycle). It only contains the hormone FSH, where as Menopur contained FSH & LH. We're going to see if that change may help my ovaries to respond a bit better. It's also a bit easier to use, since the medication comes in a cartridge form...no more mixing medications (sorry Todd! I know how much you liked that!). The cartridges fit inside a pen-like device, and you just turn the dial to set the dose. So it also makes it easier (and is more precise)to increase the dose in smaller increments. I go in to the office on Monday to pick up the pen and to have a quick demonstration on it's use.
We're back in the waiting game now...Just waiting for my period, and if it doesn't come by cd35 (which is November 30th), I'll take provera to induce a period. Once my period starts, I go back in for b/w and u/s on cd3 to make sure everything looks good, and then we start our medications. Hopefully we'll be starting meds by the middle of December.
A while back, I was reading on another blog, and this woman talked about how she starts new cycles. After having so many failed cycles, it's easy to not be very optimistic about starting a new cycle. But when she'd start a new cycle, she'd make herself forget the past failed cycles, and just focus on the one starting. She'd try to have a blank slate type attitude with cycles. So that's what I'm going to do now. I've had my pity party for the last cycle, and am ready to put my chin up and feel positive about this next one. I'm going to try to be patient while I wait for cd35 to roll around, and enjoy this treatment-free time.
Thanks for your encouraging words. I appreciate your support.
Love,
Julie
Thursday, November 15, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Julie, I'm so sorry your first cycle was cancelled. But I do think it is always good to be moving in a forward direction and you certainly are with your new medication and the new delivery system. My first cycle was such a rollercoaster ride for so many reasons and now I find myself being much calmer and much more pragmatic about everything. I hope your second cycle brings some peace and calm with it, too. It's not fun to have to do this, but it's at least a little better when we can be at peace with it all.
Hi Julie,
Follistim was a breeze!!! I preferred it tremendously over the Clomid...AND- it worked!!!!!
I love that you have such a great attitude about this journey and only wish you the best!!!!!
AprilK
From Resolve
Post a Comment