Friday, September 21, 2007

Moving on...

We had our u/s appt yesterday, and big surprise, my follicles are still tiny. Arr! My doctor wasn't in the office yesterday so she's supposed to call me today to discuss next steps. I went ahead and made an appt for sit down conversation about injectables for next Tuesday, and then another appt with a different dr in the same office for a second opinion, a week later.

I'm really disappointed. This isn't supposed to be this hard. I never thought in a million years that'd we'd be where we are right now. And at this point, I have no idea what it's going to take for us to have a child...will this work, or will we have to do IVF, or adopt? And how do people pay for these things?? It's just crazy.

We do appreciate everyone's support. As you know, I'm really open about our IF journey and openly talk about it to my friends, neighbors, & colleagues. Some people are more private about their IF experiences, and that's ok; everyone has a right to how they want to deal with it. But I've got to say, since I've been open about it, I've had such positive interactions. I learned about RESOLVE, received special lubricant samples (tmi, I know. But it's so nice!), been offered a fertility god, found out there's more people with IF than you think, and received so much more support than I ever would have thought we would.

And so while I hate that Todd & I have to go through this process, we are finding some positives out of this. Thank you.

Much love,

Julie

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Julie,
Thanks for the update, I know how hard this must be for you, but we are definitely thinking of you! It is good to have support from others that are going through the same thing. Lots of love, Anne & Bob