Thursday, September 13, 2007

Waiting to Ultrasound

Hi Friends,

Well, I'm starting to feel a bit anxious for my u/s on Sunday. We'll be going in for an u/s where they'll look at my ovaries to see if they've responded to the femara. If they have responded well (i.e. follicles >18mm), then I'll do a trigger shot (a medication injected into my muscle to induce ovulation) and Todd and I will, uh, get busy. If they respond a little, but the follicles are not quite bit enough, then I'll probably go in for a repeat u/s in a few days. If they don't respond at all (like all my previous u/s appts), then we'll be scrapping this cycle, and next cycle we'll start with injectable medications (where I'd give myself shots daily to stimulate my follicles to grow--more invasive and much more expensive).

I want to be hopeful that this cycle will work, but I'm so nervous. Each time I go in for an u/s, I think positively, but then when we see that my ovaries haven't responded, I am so sad. Somehow Todd is able to stay more balanced during this than I am. So I'm trying to take good care of myself this week...I scheduled a massage for myself for later today and have yoga tonight. I think I'll do some relaxation exercises as well.

I'd appreciate some positive thoughts from all you, my family & friends. I need strength to get through the next couple days, and to accept whatever results we receive at our u/s appt.

Thanks for checking in.

Julie

No comments: