Hi Friends & Family,
Just wanted to let you know about a new House of Representative’s Bill (H.R. 2892: Family Building Act of 2007) that would require insurance companies to cover infertility diagnosis and treatment. It was just introduced on September 11th, 2007. I have great health care coverage for most medical needs, but my coverage specifically excludes infertility treatment (as do the majority of health care plans).
To learn more about infertility insurance coverage & this Bill, follow this link: http://www.infertilitypetition.com/index.html
Please consider signing a petition to support this new Bill. You can sign it at: http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/insurance-coverage-for-infertility.html
I also encourage you to write to your Representative and ask them to support this Bill. You can find out who your Representative is here: http://www.house.gov/writerep/ (Most have links to send e-mail directly to the Rep.). Resolve (the national infertility association: www.resolve.org ) provides a draft letter that you can email to your Representative (if you want me to send you a copy of the draft letter, leave a comment requesting it, and I'll send it off to you!).
Please let me know if you have any questions. I hope you’ll continue to support me and Todd by supporting this bill.
Thank you for your help.
Love you all,
2 comments:
Thanks for posting this! I am going to pass this along to friends and family and post it on my blog as well. Something has got to change with ins. coverage.
First time at your blog. Welcome! This is a wonderful bill, and I will definitely do my part to pass it along. I am blessed with amazing insurance coverage, but I know that is not the case for most of us in IF land.
Post a Comment