Thursday, September 4, 2008

Appointment Update

Well we made it to our OB apointment this week. Our OB came into the room, looked at us like, we'll you're here after all, and Todd said, "you wagered wrong!" She laughed and shrugged her shoulders.."What can I say? Don't follow me to Vegas!" :) haha :)
Baby girl continues to look good and is still super active. I can tell she's getting more cramped in there, but I'm still feeling her move a lot. I'm still dilated & effaced about the same--no real change there. The only bummer part of the appointment was that my blood pressure is up. The MA checked it when we first got there, and it was 136/84...Normally I run 110-120/60-70. They rechecked it before I left, and it was still high: 138/88. My OB said it wasn't high enough that they had to do anything right now, but she did want to draw labs and have me come back on Monday to see what it was doing. She reviewed the things to be watching for related to high blood pressure and said that she'd plan on talking to me about lab results on Monday unless they came back concerning tomorrow. Hopefully everything is ok and it comes down over the weekend. My swelling is much better this week--my weight was actually down 2 lbs since last week and I know that's all fluid! I can actually see the bones in my feet today!
I'm trying to stay calm about all of this, although I certainly am a bit worried now. Maybe baby girl will just decide to arrive this weekend and it will all be a moot point!

We'll keep you posted,
Love
Julie

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We're thinking of you!
-Stephanie