Saturday, August 30, 2008

No labor yet...

Labor Day Weekend has begun, but without any REAL labor so far! We've been keeping busy, getting last minute things ready, and trying not to get too caught up in our heads about the upcoming events. Todd's been finishing up the bathroom--right now he's sanding the doors to the vanity cabinet he built. I made some cookies today and later this evening I'm going to make some chicken pot pies to freeze. Depending on when labor actually happens, I'd like to bring in some of the cookies to the nurses at the hospital. :)

I think we both had expected to go late (in terms of due dates) and when our OB told us she thinks we'll go early (or very soon!) our mindsets completely changed! Every night this week since our appt, I've thought "is this the night?" The only other preliminary sign that we've had of labor is that I've started passing my mucous plug...started on Wednesday and continues a little each day. Labor is such a bizarre event-- you have no control over it, and just have to accept that it will begin when it's time to. We just have to be patient and surrender to that unknown. So who knows when this is going to happen!

The waiting continues...

Love you lots,
Julie

5 comments:

AwkwardMoments said...

waiting and waiting

Anonymous said...

Mucous before pregnancy and now mucous before labor. What an interesting message system our body has. I'd rather just get an e-mail or text! Thanks for keeping us updated. Happy nesting.

Anonymous said...

Julie ~ Hope the chicken pot pies turn out great! They will be yummy and well needed in a few weeks. We've been thinking about you guys a lot and cannot wait to meet the little one, when she finally decides it's time. Hope your feet are doing slightly better. Best wishes and lots of love - Petra

Katie said...

Waiting with you. . .

Can't wait for your turn!

ErinGraham said...

Can't wait to hear the big news! I wish we'd gotten to see you guys recently, seems like things are always too busy here, but we are thinking of you often. Enjoy the alternating relaxation and maddening anticipation!

Erin