Monday, September 8, 2008

39 weeks!

I'm happy to report that my blood pressure was just fine at my appointment today and all my labs from last Thursday were normal. I had checked my bp at home a few times over the weekend and it had been normal, so my anxiety level had decreased quite a bit, but it was still nice to get the official ok report from the OB's.

Still maintaining the same dilation and effacement...which I suppose is better than going backwards! I am so ready for this babe to come though! The evenings have been getting harder for me--bad heartburn and general restlessness. I've started dreaded the evening hours. Fortunatley I know it's not much longer until I'll have a whole new set of reasons for keeping me up in the evening! :)

I went to my last baby shower yesterday. My dear friend Sarah had all of our neighbors over for a mocktail party which was super fun. Tasty beverages and great stories about breastfeeding, labor, and childrearing. I'm so lucky to have such fun neighbors! They also set up a neighborhood meals-on-wheels of sorts...People sign up to bring dinner to new parents and we end up with 2-3 weeks of dinners brought to us! It's such nice community. We've participated in bringing meals to lots of families in the neighborhood already and it's fun to be on the receiving end of things now.

Not much else to report. We'll certainly keep you all posted as things progress!

Love,
Julie

1 comment:

ErinGraham said...

Glad your bp and labs were good. Paige was 6 days late and it was sooo hard to wait. Sending positive birthing thoughts your way!

Erin