Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Appointment Update

We had our weekly OB appt today and everything continues to look good. Our little girl measured perfectly and sounded great. My OB checked my cervix again, and this time I'm dilated to 1-2 cm, 60% effaced, and was -2 station. She said, "wow, that's a lot of progress since your last visit." Now, I know that women can be at 2cm for a while before going into labor, but my OB was really hinting that she doesn't think it will be that long! She asked me if I had an appt scheduled for next week, and I said yes. She said, well, I'd give it 50-50 chance that you'll make it that long. Then she went into what days she's on call this week, and said she'd love to be there for the birth if it works out. Holy smokes! This is really happening! I'm glad Todd was there for this appointment...he looked more than slightly shocked at the idea that this babe could come this week!

This evening we had our last labor class. I was having some low abdominal cramping intermittently though the whole class, and am still having it. Not sure if it's the start of something more, but time will tell. Todd and I did get home and spent a little time doing some last minute preparations, but we're off to bed now.

Will certainly keep you posted and updated as things progress!

Lots of love,
Julie

3 comments:

Jen said...

It's so exciting that your little one might be here soon! Good thing you got through that labor class!

Anonymous said...

Eeee! It seems like just yesterday you found out you were expecting! Here's to a happy, healthy baby girl coming soon! :)

Anonymous said...

That is so wonderful! We can't wait to meet the little one. Here is to a beautiful labor and a happy healthy little girl. We will be thinking of you - Annie, Aaron, and Ava