Our OB appt went really well today. Thankfully our little girl measured right on track at 36 cm! Whew! I was a little worried about that! She's still head down (good girl!) and my cervix is nice and closed still. I was able to talk to her about some of our labor questions and feel very reassured with her responses. I like this OB so much! She does think I need to stop working, and I'll admit that I'm glad to hear that. Work has been getting really tough for me lately. I know some women work up until their due dates, but it's just not happening for me. I'll be able to spend the time instead taking care of myself and our babe, cooking healthy meals, taking care of the few things I still have on my to-do list, and putting my feet up. Sounds just fine to me!
Poor Todd has been sick since Friday and I actually had to take him to Urgent Care last night at 2am. They think he might have pneumonia and put him on some meds to hopefully get better. He's slept pretty much all day today, and I think he'll be home the rest of the week. Poor guy--he never complains when he's sick, but I know when he asks if we should go to the hospital in the middle of the night that he doesn't feel good. I just want him to be feeling better by the time our little girl comes!
Think that's about it from here. We have a fun dinner coming up on Sunday with some of our good friends. It's kind of a last before-baby get together. These friends have been so supportive of us during our journey through IF, and then through pregnancy. I'm really looking forward to it!
Love,
Julie
Wednesday, August 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Wow it's getting close. Good to hear that you'll be getting a little time off before the baby is born. I'd like to head home for maternity leave right now if I could!
No more work!! Well, that's good... but we'll miss you. Be sure to keep your FAC friends in the know if you can, we'll be thinking of you!
-Steff
I can't believe that it is so close. You look so good. I'm glad that your doctor validated your need to stay home and nest. I think your little blog baby needs to look a little more squished and not freely floating. Thinking of you often.
Post a Comment