Thursday, January 24, 2008

More bleeding....another ultrasound

Warning--TMI for those w/aversions to AF business...

So after that initial bleeding on Sunday, it resolved fairly quickly and turned into spotting...Tuesday am I had more bleeding, but I wasn't too worried b/c it was about the same as Sunday and stopped pretty quickly too. Spotting continued....Well today, I woke up and had more bleeding. Again, not too worried, seemed like the same deal. So I went to work, but the bleeding continued....it wasn't heavy flow, not even medium, but definitely more than spotting. I finally called the clinic and they wanted me to come in. I left work early, went home and put my feet up and waited for Todd to come pick me up. After I got home, the bleeding stopped and transitioned back to spotting.

Fortunately, our ultrasound looked great! Our little bean had grown a lot since Sunday, when he/she was too small to measure! Today it is 0.66cm long--which measures 1 day ahead (6w4d, and I'm currently 6w3d) and had a beautiful heartbeat of 116! They could still see the pool of blood, which may or may not have gotten a tad bigger since Sunday. They think it should resolve itself as the pregnancy continues and the babe gets bigger. I asked about the bleeding, and the Nurse Practitioner said that if the bleeding stays the same, that's fine...if it changes to a larger amount, or with cramps, etc, then call again. Assuming everything stays stable for now, we'll return for an u/s in another 10 days to make sure our bean is growing as it should.

Thanks for all your positive thought and support. I'm feeling better today and hope that this bumpy beginning is nothing more than a bumpy beginning (and will lead to a nice big bumpy me!--ok, too corny, I know).

Love,
Julie

BTW, I'll see if Todd will help me post a pic of our u/s to share with you!

7 comments:

idieh said...

I'm glad to hear that the US helped you feel more at ease, and that your bean is growing nicely.

Anonymous said...

Sorry about the scare, but I'm glad you got an extra u/s to check everything out. Yay for an over-acheiving little bean! :)

Anonymous said...

How Scary. I hope that Todd is waiting on you hand and foot. Can't wait to see pictures of your little bean.

Katie said...

Oh, how scary! I held my breath until I got the part about growth and heartbeat!

Glad all is okay.

Anonymous said...

I am so glad everything is going so well! How amazing to see that little heart beating on ultrasound. Here's wishing you and Todd and baby bean all the best. -Stephanie

ErinGraham said...

Just checking in. Sorry to hear about the scares, but exciting that you've gotten to see your bean. Hope everything resolves itself soon and you can enjoy your pregnancy worry-free. Sending lots of positive thoughts your way!

Jim & Erin

***Becky*** said...

I'm glad everything looked great on your u/s. I can't imagine how scared you must have been! I am keeping you in my thoughts and prayers!

Your RESOLVE buddy,
Becky(hope42feet)