Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Beta #2

I had my 2nd beta today. The Beta HCG is where they measure the amount of HCG in your blood. As a pregnancy progreses, the hcg increases...and right now they want to see my hcg double every 2 days.

Today my hcg was 326! My RE's office was very pleased with that number, and I'll have it re-checked on Friday to make sure it continues to double.

Here's this cool little graphic showing my values so far:






I asked if the hcg values correlate at all with a twin pregnancy, but they said not necessarily. The numbers really vary from pregnancy to pregnancy...So we'll see! We should find out at our 6 week u/s.

So, again, thanks for your support. It's still very early, but I'm glad to be able to share this with you. Please continue to keep this news within our little inner circle of blog readers.

Thanks,
Love,
Julie

4 comments:

Morrisa said...

Congrats! Great numbers!

Unknown said...

YEEEEEE HAAAAAW!!!!!!!!!!!
I promise to be quiet now. Mum's the word.
I am so happy for you. I know this is still early so you don't want to be too out there. But this is GREAT!!

congratulations.

Bonnie

idieh said...

I AM SO EXCITED FOR YOU!!!!! I wonder how many peas you have in your pod?

Anonymous said...

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congratulations- we are so excited for you two.