Sunday, July 6, 2008

Strong heartbeat!

Since I'm a nurse, I have my own stethoscope. When I first started feeling her move, I tried to hear her heartbeat with it, but wasn't able to. I've tried every couple weeks to see if I could hear it, but hadn't had much success....Until tonight! I'm working late, and had some down time. My stethoscope was sitting right next to me, and I was getting ready to put it away in preparation for going home. I decided to give it a try and see if I could hear our little girl. I tried in one spot, but only heard my tummy girgling. I tried it in another, and heard a strong, rhythmic beat! I counted to make sure it wasn't mine--and it definately was not! It was so amazing to hear! Even though we've heard her heartbeat at the OB's a handful of times by now, hearing it with my stethoscope, on my own, was just amazing. It's so reassuring and calming and did I mention it was amazing?! :)

I called Todd to tell him the latest, and will be bringing home my stethoscope for him to listen to as well! Now whenever I have any anxiety about how she's doing, I'll be pulling out my stethoscope to check her hb! (I might just start carrying it around in my purse!)

30 weeks today! I can't hardly believe it. We have an OB appt Tuesday, and will be going in every 2 weeks from now on. Fun, fun, fun!

I am so excited to meet our little one! (But sweet girl, you can stay inside and gestatate a bit longer, ok?)

Thanks for checking in on us,
Love Julie

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are a true nurse! Too cute. I wish I would have thought of that.

AwkwardMoments said...

how cool is that! happy 30 weeks

ErinGraham said...

Wow, not too many weeks left, how exciting! How great to hear the heartbeat anytime. I loved seeing/feeling the movement too. Enjoy these final weeks as a twosome!

Love,
Erin and Jim