Hey friends,
Not much more to report at this point, but I thought I'd say a quick hello! We got our official test results back from our ultrasound last week, and everything looks good! :) Things have been going well...I'm starting to show a bit--mostly it's just my uterus pushing my little pudge out, but it looks like a belly and I'm gonna show it off! haha My lovely mom took me shopping this week and we found some really cute and, more importantly, COMFORTABLE clothes--thank goodness for elastic! It's so much better than squeezing into tight jeans.
I did have a day of bleeding again over the weekend. I had to go in for another u/s just to make sure everything was ok, (thankfully it was) and the bleeding has stopped since. Our little babe was bouncing around, sitting kind of cross-legged, & looking particularly darling too!
Anyhow, I've had a fun week of telling folks that I'm pregnant--especially with some of my friends at work who knew about our IF struggles. And even though there were times during all of this that I regretted being so open with my IF, overall it's been a good thing--I feel so loved by all of you and have been so amazed with the generosity of people. Thank you!
Here's a question for you fellow ex-IF'ers: when you were telling people you were pg, did you ever feel like you wanted to disclaim your "previous" IF? Like, no really, it's really exciting for us...or " it took us a while" or something else to say that it wasn't just any easily achieved pregnancy? Just wondering...I sometimes want to add that disclaimer, and I wonder how common it is among IF'ers? (not to say that any pregnancy isn't exciting, but I think you know what I mean...)
Have a great week everyone. And btw, we've got our 2nd OB appt next Tuesday.
Love,
Julie
Thursday, March 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Sounds like you are getting into the more fun parts of being pregnant! You get to let it all hang out for a while. You don't have to worry about, "does this make me look fat?" But Todd your suppose to still say "no"! Glad your US went well.
I'm so happy things are going well! I agree with you- after dealing w/ IF for so long, I feel the need to add that disclaimer. In fact, I have been telling everyone that this hasn't been easy for us, etc. and it feels very liberating! Enjoy the new clothes!
Lisa (Resolve)
Oh, gosh, YES. In fact, I usually DO add a disclaimer, like "We're in the second trimester. . . after seven losses." I am not sure why I feel the need to do that. I am trying to stop, especially because it kind of takes the icing off of the cake, you know? People get all sad and you can see them wondering about THIS pregnancy. Plus, it drives my husband NUTS. So, I am trying to stop.
Congrats on the second trimester and maternity gear! Are those pants wonderful?
Post a Comment