Thursday, February 28, 2008

Yup, we're pregnant!





We had a great ultrasound today! Our baby looks beautiful, and was really active! It was jumping around, waving it's little arms and legs; overall looking quite darling. His/her heartbeat was 179 beats per minute and measured about 50mm (about 2 inches) which is right on track! It was amazing, really amazing. I felt so happy and calm and reassured that everything was ok. It's strange though--even as I'm writing this, part of my brain is worried, afraid that something isn't right--despite this calmness & reassuredness (is that a word?) that I felt just a few hours ago! Oh the agony of the mind...
We'll get our official test results back early next week...

I just have to keep looking at these pictures and remembering how active our little babe was today. Todd and I were so excited to see him/her--and it's really looking like a little baby now. I'm going to put up our pictures this evening--they really don't do justice to how beautiful our babe is though.

And, by the way, we've decided to officially announce this pregnancy. It kind of makes me nervous, but mostly excited. Thanks again for your support and kind words of encouragement. You'll never know how much I've appreciated it.


Love,
Julie

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay!! Congrats!

Anonymous said...

No bean anymore...It's a BABY!!!!!!!!
Pretty neat Julie and Todd!!!

idieh said...

Your baby doesn't look so much like a cupie doll anymore, now s/he looks like a BABY! How wonderful!

AwkwardMoments said...

Look at that beautiful baby!

Jen said...

Amazing!!!

Katie said...

Oooh, I love those pictures!

Have fun telling! It's great fun.

astral said...

Beautiful baby!!! He/she looks great!!!

***Becky*** said...

Julie,

I'm so glad things are going well for you! Awesome pics! Thank you for all your support on RESOLVE. I'm hoping to join you on the PAIF BB soon!

Becky

Anonymous said...

BEAUTIFUL baby, Julie. So.. is the cat out of the bag at work or am I still sworn to secrecy?
-Stephanie