I can't believe I'll be 8 weeks pg tomorrow! This is going to be a busy week with appointments. Tuesday afternoon I have my 8 week u/s with my RE to make sure the little bean is growing as he (that's my default pronoun) should be. I think I'll start to be able to breathe more easily after I know that everything is still on track and looking good. Right now, I still feel like I'm holding my breath--afraid for the worst..The pain of IF is still so fresh in my heart...So I'm glad that Tuesday is almost here and we'll get some reassurance!
Then on Friday we have our first OB appointment! That will for sure be a strange, yet exciting appointment! I'm writing down all my questions, & I'm a bit afraid that I've turned into a worry-wart patient, but I guess that's just the way it goes! It will be nice to meet our OB and see what their practice is like. It's gotten good reviews from 2 of my friends who were recently pg.
Not much else is going on here. Just waiting. I haven't had any more bleeding (hurray!), although I'm still spotting practically every day. I've been trying to take it easy, and not push it. Last night I slept a delightful 12 hours! (well, yes, I did have to get up to use the bathroom twice!--but other than that, it was great sleep!)
Thanks for checking in on us. I really have so much gratitude for all of you who have supported me and Todd during this journey. It has not been easy, but having your support really helps us get through it. And now, it's wonderful to be able to share our joyous new journey with you .
Much love,
Julie
Sunday, February 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
8 weeks- hurray! I'm glad to hear you are doing well.
-Stephanie
Eight weeks is a BIG milestone. Statistically, that is where your risk of miscarriage goes WAY, WAY down. So, my fingers are all crossed for a great scan on Tuesday - and perhaps a bonus one on Friday?
woo hoo for 8 weeks! Senidng yu warm thoughts for tomorrow
Hope you have a great appointment and feel comfortable with your OB. I remember doing so much reading and the lists of questions. Do you already have What to Expect When You're Expecting? I'll send you mine if you'd like it. Sending you lots of happy-pregnancy vibes.
Erin
Post a Comment