That means we get to start our injections tonight! :)
We had an appointment yesterday (yes, they do have appointments on Sundays!) and it went very well. They checked my estrodiol level which was "great," and did an u/s to make sure that my lining was thin (which it was), that I didn't have any cysts (which I didn't) and to count the # of follicles that were present in each ovary (>15).
Since I have so many follicles, they wanted me to wait one more day to start injections..So instead of cd2 like I originally thought, we'll start today, cd3!
It's so nice to have some action!
So today will be my first day of injections, and then on Thursday I'll go in for another u/s to see how my follicles are responding. We're hoping for some follicles to respond--but not ALL of them! (More info on side effects from earlier post labeled "First Injectables Appointment").
Also on Thursday, I'll be having a HSG (Hysterosalpingogram) which is an X-ray of the uterus and fallopian tubes which allows visualization of the inside of the uterus and tubes. The picture will reveal any abnormalities of the uterus as well as tubal problems such as blockage and dilation. It is not supposed to hurt much although I've heard stories of it hurting quite a bit. Hopefully everything will go well during this procedure.
They like to do this procedure to make sure that everything else looks good, because if we find out that my tubes aren't patent or something else like that, then we may just need to go to IVF. So hopefully it will show that everything looks good. One of the other added benefits to this test is that there's a period of increased fertility for a few months after the test. They don't really do the test as treatment though--it's only used diagnositically, but just as this added bonus!
The only caveat to this procedure is that AF has to stop before then...So I know I've asked for positive AF vibes earlier this week, but now I need "AF stopping" vibes! :) If I still have AF, then we have to cancel the procedure.
I'll keep you updated as we move along the next couple of weeks. It should be fairly busy and hopefully we'll be doing an IUI cd10-14 or so.
Thanks for checking in on us! We will definately need lots of positive & calming thoughts over the next 2 weeks.
Much love,
Julie & Todd
Monday, October 29, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Yay for starting injections! At least you're moving forward and doing something to help the process. Good luck with the HSG this week. :)
Sending AF stopping vibes your way!
I had the HSG last month. I was so scared after all the horror stories, but mine wasn't too bad. I took Advil before and while there was pain, it didn't last very long. I hope yours goes well. Plus, the added benefit of being more fertile afterwards! :)
Good luck!
Sending the "STOP" vibes as we speak. Good luck with the injections and with your HSG. Be sure to take something for pain for the HSG as it will make the experience much easier. :)
Post a Comment