Tuesday, October 30, 2007

First Injection Done!

Our first time doing the injections went really well last night. Last week I had Todd practice giving shots to a lemon so he could work on his technique--which now looks really good! And before we did the real expensive injection last night, we did pretend saline injections for more practice. He actually gave himself a shot first to see what it felt like, and then did a practice one on me! Then he did the real shot and did it perfectly. It only stung for a few seconds and didn't bleed...I can't even see where he did it on my stomach now!

Even though I mix meds and give shots at work all the time, I was a little nervous last night. It was really nice not to have to mix the medications myself or give myself the shot. Todd did a fabulous job!

So there you go! We're actually doing injections! It is so crazy but I guess you just have to do what you have to do.

We'll continue to do these shots once a day in the evening until our doctor tells us that my follicles have grown enough. Our Thursday u/s will be the first time we get to see if my follicles are responding to this medication.

Thanks for your well wishes.

Love,
Julie

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so happy you are getting some action now, Julie. I am thinking of you and hoping this cycle goes well!
-Stephanie

Anonymous said...

Sending lots and lots of positive thoughts and prayers your way!

Katie said...

Thinking of you while you stick yourself!

Anonymous said...

You have to know, lots of positive thought from me too!!
Love, Mom

Baby Paige said...

Hi Julie,
I am so happy that I finally found your blog! I ask Sue about you a lot and have had my fingers crossed for you since Sue first told me that you and Todd were trying to have a baby. I think it is adorable that Todd gave himself a shot first... I don't think that Justin would be that brave... in fact, I am pretty sure he would make me give myself the shots.:-) Todd's a good husband! Know that I am thinking of you during this exciting time!

Love,
Tasha